Friday 31 January 2014

Evaluation of Preliminary Task

1. How does your preliminary represent particular social groups?
  • I think that the work that I have created represents the chosen theme well due to the fact that the magazine is based on our school, Lutterworth College, so I did research and looked at the logo of the school and used the colour scheme so I could make it more relatable to whom I am creating it for. The social group the magazine is intended for it everyone in the College - Year 10 to 13, around 2000 students in the School. I think that I didn't have to worry about missing any particular social group due to the fact that my magazine was based on the School as a whole, not as an individual E.G. Art magazine. The way that I have designed the cover and contents page would attract all students due to the fact that it is factual and would appeal to them if they want to know any upcoming dates/news and information about their education.
2. Who would be the intended audience for your product?
  • The intended audience for this School magazine would be everyone who attends the College (Lutterworth) due to the fact that it involves key information that they would probably want to know. I think that by giving the students attention and involvement, it would get them to read into the magazine.
3. How did you attract/address your audience?
  • I attracted my intended audience by including a picture of one of the Students that attends the College on the front cover, I used a catchy headline to also grab their attention and used appropriate School colours to make it relatable to not only the College but to the students too due to the fact that they would know exactly what the magazine would be about by recognising the colour scheme. Also, I the photo I used was a student in the 6th form, and the tag-line beside it says 'Headteacher welcomes new post sixteen students', meaning, Year 10 and 11 students would be educated on the type of clothes they are allowed to wear if they choose to stay on to do AS.
4. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
  • I think that Photoshop is quite a simple but tricky program to master because of all the key buttons to remember and where to find curtain tools, however, with a lot of practice, it becomes a handy skill whenever you need to edit a photo on the computer for School work/outside life. Due to me learning about how to work Photoshop, I was able to create a professional looking School magazine that includes the required information and sticks to the colour scheme of the College, a way of attracting a type of audience and to get them to read what I have created for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment