Friday 31 January 2014

Flat Plan (Drawing) Cover, Contents and Double Page Spread

  • I think that by drawing out a plan of how I want to structure my magazine cover, contents and double-page spread makes developing easy for me due to the fact that as a visual learner, I work best when looking at my ideas and playing around with them on paper before putting something together straight. These drawings were put together with inspiration from the different magazines that I had analysed, and relating the structured pages back to what my target audience would like to see.
Cover with source inspiration:





Contents with source inspiration:




Double-Page Spread with source inspiration:



Conclusion: 
  • This process helped me with planning out my mock cover, contents and double-page spread because by looking at different magazine covers and examples, this influenced my decisions in my sketches as above, meaning, the research paid off in the aspect that I can take some ideas that are classed as 'mainstream' and change them to make something unique for my own magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment