Friday 31 January 2014

Title of Magazine

  • I think that when deciding on the name of my magazine I need to consider a few factors so that the title relates a lot back to the theme of genre I am basing it on and my type of audience, something that they'll find interesting and unique, something that will stand out from others.
  • So, I came up with a few names such as: Commix, Infuse and Instill. I found these words by putting 'mix' into a thesaurus website, I thought that it would be a good idea to find more complex words from one basic word. Although, I could possibly put more words that relate to something 'joining together'. 
  • Note: 'Mix' coming from the fact that Indie Pop is a 'mix' of two type of genres.
  • I personally like the name Infuse, and I feel as though I shouldn't be the one to fully decide on the name, so, I decided to devise a test. I asked a few of my friends, all teenagers, 16-17 year olds, around the intended age for my magazine, and ask which name they preferred. The results are as follows: Commix: 2, Infuse: 4, Instill: 1 - Total asked: 7. I think that this name fully sums up the description of a 'mixed' genre, thus, will be the name I will use for my magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment