Friday 31 January 2014

Creating an Artist

  • When creating my Artist I had to think carefully about what my target audience would like in regards of reading about a new and upcoming musician that relates to what music they like listening to, which evidently, is Indie/Pop. I looked back at the type of Artists already out there in regards of my chosen genre, people such as Foxes and Marina and the Diamonds are one-woman Artists that have names that people would usually assume that they are apart of a band. So instead of using a simple name, I decided on a word; a word that influence the Indie/Pop genre and something that is unique and links to the Fashion style of my Artist/Model. 
  • Brainstorming is the best way to clearly plan out your ideas from your head onto paper, so that's what I did. I came up with a range of names such as: Prima donna (Italian for 'first lady'), Free Spirit, Lone Wolf, Lone Rose, UnboundRose.
  • After talking to various people, I have decided on the name: Prima donna. The name, by meaning, is associated with being 'the female lead singer' and 'the person who the prime roles would be given'. I also think that this is appropriate for my chosen model too due the fact that acting almost 'drama queen' is like essentially being unique in your own way, and links with the theme of my magazine: A mix of two music genres which features new and unique artists.
  • Not only that, the name was inspired by Marina and The Diamonds single: 'Primadonna'.
"It's about wanting to be number one, not necessarily anything to do with my career, but with regards to being with someone. I think everyone knows a Primadonna, because every girl has a little bit of that inside of them."

No comments:

Post a Comment