Friday 31 January 2014

Fashion/Props used for 1st Shoot

  • For this first photo shoot, I didn't particularly have a set plan in mind. All I wanted to achieve was test out certain pieces of statement clothing and see what works and what doesn't. I used inspiration photographs I printed so I could look at them while taking my own photos and my model brought in clothes we discussed about beforehand, and that gave me a rough idea of how I wanted to set my photos out. However, although I did get some good shots, and after receiving some advice, I think that there is a lot to work out when and if I need to take some more photos.
Inspiration Photographs:
Sheet 1: Type of poses, make-up and hair by teen models and artists relating to my chosen genre.
Sheet 2: A particular Photo shoot by Foxes, a chosen artist of mine, on white background, looked at during the photo taking process for inspiration.

  • I first decided to get my model (Erika) to wear the statement top due to the fact that I wanted to see if I could fit the words on her shirt, completely on the photo. With the shirt that says 'From The Heart', Erika wore some black leggings and black boots. We also experimented around with the type of jewellery and head-wear she could try on, as the following photos demonstrate:
Outfit 1 with extras:


  • After I took a few photos of Erika in that outfit, we quickly moved on to something a bit more sophisticated, but still relating to my theme: the Black dress. We decided to make her lips more of a statement while wearing this dress by making them more Red, and keeping the rest of her face looking more neutral. Because her hair was at the side for the first set of photos, I also decided to make sure that her hair was on both shoulders this time.
Outfit 2:



  • I decided on using the Rose prop for these set of photos due to the fact that it adds another splash of colour to the mix and with the edit I did above, shows that it works out just fine. I think that the dress worked out better than expected and next time I should choose other smart clothing that relates to my chosen genre for Erika to wear. Also for next time, I should focus more on taking close-up shots of Erika due to the fact that after looking at certain 'high-end' Fashion magazines, close on the face is key, and that make-up is also crucial.

No comments:

Post a Comment